Just because the Hot Party Poppers got this week’s main write-up doesn’t mean her other Super Bowl plates didn’t get my attention. See below for my hot gf’s fiery buffalo chicken meatball recipe!
After I ate one meatball:
My hot gf and her hot friends:
The savages they appear to be, fortunately they left some food for me. Ah, the perks of VIP photo access to an exclusive myhotgfcooks.com Super Bowl party.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (for the non wing eaters)
Not willing to experiment with balls? Check out my hot gf's traditional wing recipe.
- 1 package ground chicken
- Salt, pepper
- 1 egg, mixed with a little water
- Panko and Italian style breadcrumbs
- About a cup of Buffalo hot sauce (sometimes it's just easier to buy hot sauce premade!)
- Tablespoon of butter
- Celery (for serving)
- Blue cheese sauce (recommended: "Ya Won't Be Blue" Cheese Dip. But you can use whatever kind you like :)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, and take out all refrigerated ingredients so they come to room temperature.
- Mix chicken with about ¼ cup hot sauce, salt and pepper
- Add remaining hot sauce and butter to a saucepan, heat on low
- Form meat mixture into small meatballs, coat in egg and then breadcrumb/panko mixture
- Place meatballs on sprayed baking sheet
- Bake for about 25 minutes, turning once about 15 minutes in
- Once cooked place into saucepan to coat with buffalo sauce
- Serve with "Ya Won't Be Blue" Cheese Dip and celery
Ya Won't Be Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 container crumbed blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, I use light or reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, I use light
- Salt, pepper
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
-Take out all ingredients so they are at the ready.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adjust salt/pepper and garlic powder to taste. Note: if the mixture seems too thick use a little water to thin it out.
- Serve with anything buffalo, you will never need to buy premade blue cheese dip again