For this recipe, I am a man of few words. I was too busy stuffing my face with pita chips.
For the full story on when my hot gf made this, check out our post Sweet ‘N Spicy Meatballs.
Kale Artichoke Dip
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer
Prep time: 1.5 hours Cook time: 22 min
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1/2 of a bunch of kale, blanched and finely chopped
- *1/2 cup of each shredded parmesan, gruyere, and fontina
- About 7-8 oz. of artichoke hearts thawed and finely chopped - I always have both frozen and marinated jarred on hand. I used a majority of frozen artichokes and a few from the jar.
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp (a capful) of worsteshire
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise - mine is olive oil
- dash of cayenne
- EVOO for roasted garlic
- salt, freshly ground pepper
-Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
-Roast the garlic. Cut off the stop of the garlic head exposing the cloves. Drizzle cloves with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Put in foil and roast for 45 minutes or until the cloves are lightly browned and soft. Once garlic is done turn oven up to 450.
-Cook the kale. Wash kale and boil for about 10-15 minutes or until the stems are tender.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl - kale, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, cayenne, worsteshire, garlic, cream cheese, half of cheese mixture, salt and pepper until well blended. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and bubbly.
*I like to shred my own cheese and I recommend you do the same plus I don’t think you can find these cheeses shredded already.
As I did, you can easily make this dish ahead. Just pop it into the oven for about 15 minutes before serving so it is warmed through. Serve with seasoned pita chips.